Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of vetetarianism
By: Sartaj, Kevin and Sangat 7-9
Our original question :
What are good computer specs for school, home and work
We originally chose this question as or topic because:
- We were interested in computers
- See which specs are good for what kind of activity
- Help us in the future on what computer we should buy
- Learn about computer components and how they work
Why we changed our question
This slide is made by Kevin
We think our new question is better because...
-e-resources didn't have enough info on computer specs
- changed question to how might being a vegetarian affect you and the environment
-there was a vegetarian in our group
3. Currently the world is close to a food crisis and we want to know how we can help.
Why you should be a vegetarian?
What are the negative effects on yourself of being a vegetarian?
- Vegetarians consume less fats than carnivores
- Growing vegetables are cheap, and take up less land
- The same amount of land used to breed animals
could be used to grow almost double the amount of vegetables, therefore providing more food to the world
Vitamin B12 Deficiency
helps your body produce red blood cells
occurs naturally in animal products alone
Other signs of a B12 deficiency include numbness, fatigue, diarrhea, nervousness or a shortness of breath.
What is a Vegetarian
metabolism is regulated by hormones in your thyroid
require iodine to function properly.function and maintenance of your heart, brain and kidneys
Seafood is the best source of iodine,
Iodine deficiency can lead to side effects
If your vegetarian diet lacks certain vitamins and minerals, you may develop deficiencies that can be damaging to your health and even life-threatening.
high source of iron is found in red meats, poultry and fish
symptoms of low iron include exhaustion, weakness
But the amount of iron found in beans, lentils, enriched grains, spinach, raisins and tofu is adequate for normal nutritional needs.
1. It is more narrow and is more focused on one subject.
2. We fell that our actions can make a big difference because...
Zinc helps you to smell and taste
important for the immune system
helps wounds heal
found in high protein foods like meats and dark meat poultry,
zinc deficenary can result in poor appetite, frequent infections, hair loss etc.
vegetarians can consume zinc is by eating legumes, peanuts and peanut butter.
What you can do to be a healthy vegetarian?
Take a vitamin B12 supplement or include plenty of fortified foods because this vitamin is only found in animal foods.
Aim to include adequate amounts of healthy fats from healthy oils, nuts, seeds, avocados, and olives.
Incorporate beans, green leafy vegetables, and fortified dairy substitutes to ensure adequate iron intake.
Be sure to include a variety of high-protein plant foods, including tofu, beans, nut, seeds, cheese, milk and whole grains.
Now that you've seen our...
-Reasons why we changed our question
-Pros and Cons of being a vegetarian
-What you can do to be a healthy vegetarian
Being an vegetarian have many pros and cons just as being a carnivore
A lot of animals are fed poison or bad food so they can grow faster or reproduce more, so vegetables are a better choice.
GENIUS HOUR PRESENTATION
Definition: a person who does not eat or does not believe in eating meat, fish, fowl, but subsists on vegetables, fruits, nuts, grain, etc.