Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Short story elements
Transcript of Short story elements
- Person vs. Person
- Person vs. Self
- Person vs. Nature
- Person vs. Technology
- Person vs. Society
- Person vs. Supernatural Antagonist: The characters that have an effect on the protagonist. Pairs of sub-types There is always some type of conflict in stories. Whether it's an evil which that want to eat kids (Hansel and Grettle), people at war (The Notebook), or just people arguing (Any love story...) -Round/flat- fully developed and described through description or their actions v. undeveloped. -Realistic/stock or stereotype- everyday characters that are natural v.s standard types that are in many stories. Genre/Style -Dynamic/static- changed by the course of the story Fantasy, Romance, Horror, Sci-Fi, etc. Eg. of a dynamic/static character (A character that is changed by the coarse of the story)- Thomas from the Maze Runner. He starts out helping and creating the maze but after he get a memory swipe and is put in the maze, he sees how horrible everything is that they have been doing to the kids. By the end of the story/series he is trying to escape and stop WICKED. In the Twilight series Bella would be the protagonist and Edward would be the antagonist. When Edward comes into the story Bella's feelings change and throughout the series Bella becomes a more powerful person because of Edward. Novel, novella, short story, narrative poem, play, screenplay. Slang or idiom, etc. that is mostly demonstrated in dialogue (outer or inner) of characters. Can also be used to set tone of writing. Plot There are so many different types of stories. Love stories- Dear John. Fantasy stories- Ariel. Horror stories- Remember Me. Mystery stories- Sherlock Holmes. Introduction The beginning of the story Rising Action The part that leads up to the main event in the story. The action becomes more intense. Climax The main event or most exciting part of the story. Falling Action The part in the story that is finishing up the main events that lead to the ending. Denouement
(conclusion) The end of the story which sums up all the events. Type of story Kind of Writing Setting Language used Place Where the character or story takes place. It could be anywhere, a place of the author's imagination or it could be a real place. Mexico, Atlantis, the moon, etc. Time Past, Present, Future. The story could go back to the character's past or be talking about present day. The story could also just skip to the character's future Future: The Hunger Games talks about what happens in the future and shows that we have to treat society equally. The End