Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Iron Thunder Anne Buller Book Report
Transcript of Iron Thunder Anne Buller Book Report
Author: Avi 1. Tom Carroll (Main character)
2.Mr.Odgen Quinn (Copperhead)
3. Captain Ericsson (inventor)
4. Garret Falloy (common street boy)
5. Captain Worden (monitor captain) Captain Ericsson orders that Tom be on the launch to see if the Monitor will float. Middle
The Monitor fired 41 cannonballs, only 20 hit while the Merrimack fired 23. The USS Minnesota (northern ship) also fired cannonballs and some ricocheted and hit the Monitor (northern ship). By Anne Buller Character List: Copperhead-a northerner who opposed the Civil war. They sometimes spied for the south. VS. The Merrimack The Monitor Fun Facts! The Battle of the Ironclads BEGINNING Tom's father is killed fighting in a town in Maryland. Tom gets a job from Mr.Hendricks at Rowland's Continental Iron Works where they were making Ericsson's floating battery. Tom's job was to run errands for Captain Ericsson for $.75 a day. A copperhead named Mr.Quinn gives Tom a gold dollar trying to get information on the ironclad. U.S.S MINNESOTA MONITOR MERRIMACK The Union has a plan called the Anaconda to choke out Hampton Roads the Southern port. Hampton roads