Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sigmund Freud - Genital Stage
Transcript of Sigmund Freud - Genital Stage
Identity vs. Role Confusion
In Freud's fifth stage the sexual desires of teenagers are renewed. They then start seeking relationships with others.
In Erikson's fifth stage teenagers try to develop a separate identity while "fitting in" with friends.
If they fail, it can lead
to confusion over who
they are. They won't be able to make friends as easy as others.
Disagreements between Stages
There aren't disagreements between Erikson's or Freud's theorys because in both the teen is seeking a relationship. Freud just puts it in more of a sexual perspective. Erikson views it as finding out who one is, and choosing which group of friends they fit in with. While testing groups out.
Ages differ between 12 to 18.
There isn't a better theory than Freud's or Erikson's.
5th Stage of Development
If they fail to reach their sexual
desires then they will have trouble developing a relationship with the opposite sex. Also, putting a stop to any type of sexual life.