Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Case study - Phineas Gage
Transcript of Case study - Phineas Gage
cultural bias of researchers
he was a male (quite calm in the situation)
no techonoogy, biased methods
Case study on how brain damage affects behavior
Doctor John Harlow studied Phineas Gage in 1848
Phineas suffered an accident when he was 25, in which a metal rod went through his head -> damage in frontal lobes -> behavioral changes
Why is it a case study?
In-depth study of a individual
Study can't be replicated ethically
It is difficult to generalize from this study
no theoretical generalization
no representational generalization
but maybe inferential generalisation
picture of Phineas Gage
Observation (Harlow, for several weeks
Interviews (his colleges)
Later on data has been regarded untrustwothy and vague
was used to some extent
no technology available