Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The ear
When we detect sounds, or noise, our body is changing the energy in sound waves. Sound waves are produced when the air is made from vibrating particles.
When we hear a sound, this is what actually takes place:
1.Sound waves enter the ear canal and cause the eardrum to vibrate.
2.Vibrations pass through 3 connected bones in the middle ear
3.This motion makes fluid move in the inner ear.
4.Moving fluid bends thousands of delicate hair-like cells.
5.Nerve impulses are carried to the brain by the auditory nerve
6.In the brain, these impulses are CONVERTED into what we "hear" as sound.