Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CH 1 and 2 “FACTORS THAT AFFECT STUDY HABITS OF GRADE ONE STUDENTS OF BALUARTE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, LUMBIA CAGAYAN DE ORO
Transcript of CH 1 and 2 “FACTORS THAT AFFECT STUDY HABITS OF GRADE ONE STUDENTS OF BALUARTE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, LUMBIA CAGAYAN DE ORO
GRADE ONE STUDENTS OF BALUARTE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL,
LUMBIA CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY” Setting: This study is descriptive in nature and that it is focused on the study habits and the factors that affect study habits of grade one students of Baluarte Elementary School. The descriptive design focuses at the present condition. It will also use the qualitative design. PROCEDURE Conceptual Framework
In the literature, study skill are usually define as students ability to manage time and other resources to complete an academic task successfully. Study habit is the amount & kinds of studying routines which the students is used during a regular period of study occured in a conducive learning. There are factors that would really affects the study habit of the child.
One factor is the Family Socioeconomic status. There are indications of socioeconomic differences in a way that parents think about education for their child.
Another factor is nutrition. Proper nutrition is critical to maximizing brain and enhancing learning.
Next is the students motivation. It is a dynamic,multifaceted phenomenon that explains how & why students are engaged in their learning activities.
Teacher also is one of the factor that affects the study habit. It is the role of the teacher to help students learn their lessons. If the teachers attitude toward teaching is not applicable to the students, learning wouldn’t take place.
Another is students emotion. Most students would probably find learning difficult in a classroom that is stiflingly warm.
The last factor is learning environment. The classroom environment should be a conducive learning environment so that that student will have a comfortable place to learn with. The environment should be suite to the learners. Conceptual Diagram Introduction Setting & Participants CHAPTER 2 Statement of the Problem: Significance of the Study: This study will provide brief description on the factors that affect the study habits of grade one students of Baluarte Elementary School. Learning is very important. As human beings we are expected to learn to be able to cope with the new generation. To be able to learn effectively, one must have a good study habits.
Study habits are the ways that you study - the habits that you have formed during your school years. study habits include being organized, keeping good notes, reading your textbook, listening in class, and working every day.
However, there are factors that can hinder students to have a good study habits. Which are the learning environment; socioeconomic status; the teacher; nutrition and students’ motivation to study.
The proponents of the study chose this study because study habits are the major problem of the grade one students of Baluarte Elementary School. The researchers would like to know the factors that affect study habits and cause why they have poor study habits. Factors that affect
study habits: - Socioeconomic Status
- Learning Environment
- Students Emotion
- Students Motivation
- Nutrition STUDY
to Study Habits Review of Related Literature * Study habits is very important to students. It is their tool to be able to understand and learn a specific lesson.
* But there are hindrances to be able to learn effectively. SOCIOECONOMIC STATUS * Socioeconomic status is a definite background variable that represents a feature of the social structure in society (Oakes & Rossi, 2003). * Suleman et al. (2012) found that that those children whose socioeconomic status was strong show better academic performance and those with poor socioeconomic status showed poor and unsatisfactory academic performance. LEARNING ENVIRONMENT * Twenty-first century learning environments are envisioned as places where the learner is engaged in self-directed and co-operative learning activities, and the physical environment is planned so that it can be routinely re-organised to mediate learning (Partnership for 21st Century Skills, 2002). TEACHER'S ATTITUDE * The teacher is the most indispensable factor in the effective administration of any education system. In his opinion Ofofuena (1999) said that no matter what amount of resources we might put into the nation’s education system, without properly prepared and motivated teachers, we can never expect from the system. STUDENT'S MOTIVATION * Law et.al. (2009) described motivation in learning as the desire to use knowledge and skills in associated learning activities. * Learning will not happen without motivation and a supportive environment (Law et.al., 2009). The main finding of a new study that appears in the journal Child Development says that; It's not how smart students are but how motivated they are and how they study that determines their growth in math achievement.The study was conducted by researchers at the University of Munich and the University of Bielefeld. NUTRITION * Food consumption is vital to the brain being able to make the right amount of amino acids and choline.
* These are two precursor molecules obtained from the blood that are needed for the brain to function normally.
* It is no surprise that what we eat directly influences the brain (Colby-Morley). The main problem of the study is to find out the factors that affects the study habits of grade one students of Baluarte Elementary School.
It aims to answer the following questions:
1.) What are the factors that affect study habits?
2) What is the profile of the respondents considering the following:
2.1 Socioeconomic Status (net income, living conditions
2.2 Learning Resources at Home
2.4 Hours devoted to studying
3) How are the respondents motivated to study?
4) What problems do the respondents encounter in studying their lessons?
5) What interventions can be designed to improve the study habits of the respondents? CHAPTER 1 TO STUDENTS: The proposed study will help the students determine if what are the reasons why majority of the learners have poor study habits. TO TEACHERS: The proposed study will help the teachers find different strategies that will help them provide learning and in dealing diversity learners. TO FACULTY AND STAFF: The proposed study will help the faculty and staff provide different teaching programs in assessing the needs of the study habits of grade one students in Baluarte Elementary School. TO FAMILY OR PARENTS: The proposed study will help the parents in encouraging their children in achieving academic performance in school or increase their study habits. METHODS * DESIGN THE PROBLEM The study will take place in the grade 1 classroom of Baluarte Elementary School and houses of the participants within Baluarte Area. Participants: The participants of the study will be the Grade 1 students of Baluarte Elementary School as they were the grade level that exhibit poor study habits. * The proponents of the study will look for journals and books that will support the study.
* The researchers are going to derive questionnaires (Appendix A) made by Eun Chul Seo.
* The researchers will then formulate interview questionnaires (Appendix B) for the parents of the respondents.
* The researchers will then choose 80% of the class population randomly through fishbowl method.
* The researchers will then distribute the questionnaires to the participants.
* The researchers will interview the parents.
* The researchers will start interpreting the results.
* The researchers will recommend interventions. Dependent Measure The dependent variable, study habits will be measured by researcher-made questionnaire and interview.
The main tool of this study will use a set of questionnaires derived from the questionnaires made by Eun Chul Seo to gather data and necessary information’s on learning environment, and hours devoted to studying.
The second instrument that will be used in the study is through interview. The researchers will interview the parents of the participants to gather information on socioeconomic status (net income, living conditions), and nutrition of the participants.