Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Organizing for Word Study: Principles and Practices
Transcript of Organizing for Word Study: Principles and Practices
Word Sorting Teaching Phonics
through Sorting Sound sorts
Spelling-meaning sorts Types of Sorts A Continuum of Support
When Introducing Sorts Teacher Talk
Student Reflection Extensions
Follow-Up Routines Guidelines for Preparing Word Sorts Implementation of Word
Study Instruction Ten Principles of
Word Study of Instruction Develop a familiar weekly routine
schedule time for group work with teachers
keep it short
plan time for students to sort independently & with partners
word study as an extension of a reading group
separate word study groups in a circle-seat-center rotation Resources for shorts and words
Making sorts harder or easier Draw and label activity
Class homophone book http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com/