Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
product life cycle of duct tape
Transcript of product life cycle of duct tape
The reason why the made the duct tape because they
needed to prevent moisture from getting into the
ammunition boxes. They named it duct tape because
the tape 'shed' water like a duck. Also the duct tape is kind
of like webbed feet of a duck. Material Acquisition Raw Materials Used
. polyethylene coating
Extraction Process of the Raw Materials Used
. cotton is pulled out of plants
. get polyethylene coating from process carbon
. adhesive made from rubber objects Materials Processing 1) Adhesive is mixed in a mixer and heated.
2) Rubber is in a pellet form and mix until melted.
3) Other materials are added so it will be thickened,
but smooth enough to put in a holding tank.
4) Adhesive and cloth join together through rollers
5) Then the cloth is put in a coating machine
6) The roller that has a adhesive joins with the third
7) The polythene is then put to the rollers and
attached to the cotton and adhesive. Manufacturing When the Duct tape is done, it's kept in a storage
rolls that is 5 wide & 3 ft. diameter. Then, cut to
proper size and made to singular rolls. Packaging Wrapped in singular packages or packages i three
Packages are packed in boxes and are ready for
shipping Recycling, Reuse, and Dispose Duct Tapes last long times, but unglues eventually.
It can't be recycled or reused for it's glue wears out,
and it will not be useful anymore for anything. It
actually ends up in landfills. Distribution Duct tape are distributed through trucks, boats, and then sold in stores. Almost 7,000 ton of duct tape are sold every year. That is almost 1.6 billion feat of duct tape . Use . keeps things together
. make impressive arts and crafts like wallets and
flowers just with duct tape.
. make clothes
. get rid of warts
. prevent shattering during storms
there is a word of possibilities with duct tape