Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of medieval europe.
Someone who has just commited a crime
2. Who dealt with minor crimes?
The lord dealt with minor crimes with the help of the peasants.
3. Who dealt with major crimes?
Major crimes were dealt with justice.
4. What was the sheriff's job?
The sheriff's job was to round up criminals and keep them in gaol until they were trialed.
5. What is a "gaol"?
Gaol is a medieval jail.
6. Why did the prisoners die before they came to trial?
The prisoners would die because of either starvation or disease.
7. How could a prisoner starve to death?
Because they weren't given any food before the trial.
8. In order to stop highway robbers, what did a 14th century law require lords to do?
The lords cut down all the trees and vegetation so that robbers would have no where to hide.
9. What were the punishments for minor crimes?
Embarrassment, fines and being put in the stocks.
10. What were the punishments for major crimes?
Ordeal by water and fire. Entertainment. 1. What are the seven types of entertainment in which a serf could participate?
Festivals, marriage and death, watching and listening
to traveling poets, musicians, acrobats and dancers.
2. What did people do to celebrate Christmas, May Day, and Midsummer?
On Christmas villagers dressed up as "mummers" and visit the lord and sing and dance, on May Day children would play in the early sun and put up green branches to decorate their houses and during Midsummer people would light bonfires and play games and sports.