Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of ELECTRICITY
THREE BASIC ELECTRICAL QUANTITIES
Electric Current (I)
ELECTRIC CURRENT (I)
It is a measure of the number of charges passing through a cross section of a conductor in a given time.
TYPES OF CURRENT
The Direction is from POSITIVE to NEGATIVE.
CHARGES - are the electrons of the conducting material
Charges at rest
Charges in motion
UNIT: Ampere (A) - named after Andre Marie Ampere
Ammeter connected to series.
The direction is from NEGATIVE to POSITIVE.
The work done on the charges as it passes through a load.
UNIT: VOLT (V) - named after Alessandro Volta
DEVICE: Voltmeter - connected in a parallel.
The opposition on the flow of charges.
UNIT: Ohm - named after George Simon Ohm.
Merbelyn R. Maligat