Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Rhetoric
- John Locke Isocrates Cicero Aristotle Epistemology "a further development [...] of the artistic means which are already found in language"
- Friedrich Nietzsche "a universal and architectonic art"
- Richard McKeon Inventio Dispositio Elocutio Memoria Pronuncatio Ethos Pathos Logos "the art, practice, and study of human communication"
- Andrea Lunsford "the art of speaking well"
- Quintillian "to apply reason to imagination for the better moving of the will"
- Francis Bacon "situated, strategic discourse"
- Brian McNely Barry
Brummett Methodological Sociological Ontological "the energy inherent in emotion and thought"
- George Kennedy "the systematic study and intentional
practice of effective symbolic expression"
- James Herrick Characteristics Planned Adapted to
audience Shaped by
human motives Responsive Persuasion-
seeking Concerned with contingent issues "the art of speaking or writing effectively"
- Webster's Dictionary Appeals Situations Symbouletikon Epideiktikon Dikanikon Deduction Induction Enthymemes Examples Eunoia Arete Phronesis Analysis of Emotion Robert