Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Rhetoric
- John Locke Isocrates Cicero Aristotle Epistemology "a further development [...] of the artistic means which are already found in language"
- Friedrich Nietzsche "a universal and architectonic art"
- Richard McKeon Inventio Dispositio Elocutio Memoria Pronuncatio Ethos Pathos Logos "the art, practice, and study of human communication"
- Andrea Lunsford "the art of speaking well"
- Quintillian "to apply reason to imagination for the better moving of the will"
- Francis Bacon "situated, strategic discourse"
- Brian McNely Barry
Brummett Methodological Sociological Ontological "the energy inherent in emotion and thought"
- George Kennedy "the systematic study and intentional
practice of effective symbolic expression"
- James Herrick Characteristics Planned Adapted to
audience Shaped by
human motives Responsive Persuasion-
seeking Concerned with contingent issues "the art of speaking or writing effectively"
- Webster's Dictionary Appeals Situations Symbouletikon Epideiktikon Dikanikon Deduction Induction Enthymemes Examples Eunoia Arete Phronesis Analysis of Emotion Robert