Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
MGMT 3331 Ch 8
Transcript of MGMT 3331 Ch 8
Dr. Laura Guerrero
Why is training necessary?
Why not hire people who know the job and skip the training?
How do you link the company’s strategy to training? What is knowledge management? Is it important? Why or why not?
(1) training definition
(2) legally required
(3) basic and remedial skills
(4) job and technical training
(5) soft skills
Explain ADDIE model ASSESSMENT
(1) what is training needs assessment
(2) organizational analysis
(3) job/task analysis
(4) individual analysis
(5) establishing training objectives (including knowledge, skill, attitude)
Explain TRAINING DESIGN
(1) what is training design?
(2) learner characteristics (ability to learn, motivation, self-efficacy, perceived utility/value, learning styles)
(3) instructional strategies (practice/feedback, overlearning, behavioral modeling, error-based examples, reinforcement and immediate confirmation)
(4) training transfer
(5) how would you train employees with low ability to learn who don’t perceive value in the training and don’t have a great deal of experience with classroom learning?
Explain TRAINING DELIVERY
(1) factors to consider
(2) internal training (informal, on-the-job, cross-training)
(3) external training (outsourced, government-supported job training, educational assistance programs)
(4) combination training approaches (cooperative/ apprentice training)
(5) what are the advantages/disadvantages of internal and external training?
(a) levels of evaluation (reaction, learning, behaviors and results)
(b) cost-benefit, return on investment, benchmarking
(c) training evaluation designs (post-measure, pre-/post-measure, pre-/post-measure with control group)
On your own, review sections on:
legal issues in training, orientation: evaluation and metrics, technology in training