Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
9/11 11th grade
Transcript of 9/11 11th grade
Stop and Jot
by Gary Shteyngart
Tracing the Dream
Copy down the Lesson EQ: What is the American Dream?
Answer the following question:
What do you think the "American Dream" means to most people?
Friday, September 11th
Defining the American Dream
Turn to your partner and work together to form a one-sentence definition of the American Dream
The American Dream means/is...
Discuss the do now question with your partner
What does the "American Dream" mean to most people?
What does the "American Dream" mean to you?
Prepare to share your response
The American Dream
What symbols and icons do you think foreigners envision when thinking about America?
What do they reflect or represent about our values?
Annotate the text
How does the author's description of the American Dream compare or contradict yours?
If you had to limit your definition of the American Dream to one word, what would it be?
How do you think your vision of the American Dream differs from that of your parents or grandparents?