Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of INTERNATIONAL
- GPD of Saudi Arabia = 576.8 billion dollars (2011).
_ 100% of the country's 28.3 million citizens follow Islam.
* Duties of being a Muslim:
* five daily prayers.
* Ramadan - Fasting.
* No Interest.
- 16% of percent of woman work.
- The Government is advancing.
- All women are expected to cover their entire body.
- Men and Women greet but do not shake hands (unless offered by the female).
- It is not uncommon to find female business associates.
"Asalamu-'alaikum" - May Peace Be Upon You
"Wa'alaikum Asalam" - And May Peace Be To You
* Accompanied by handshakes (hand holds).*
ex. Sheikh John ex. Sayyida Sarah ex. Hajji William
Background -The Role of Religion
Introductions - Manners
The Dress Code, The Meals, and The Complimentary Gifts
Business is Personal - Honoring Your Spoken Word
Gender - The Female Roll in Business
Background - The Role of Religion
Introductions and Manners
The Dress Code, The Meals, and The Complimentary Gifts.
- Residents wear traditional clothing: a "thob" and a "hutta".
- Propper attire for non-resident males include dark suits and ties.
- Men must be modest in their clothing, covering their body despite the heat.
- "Dinner time" is later in the evening. Dinner parties are held at homes.
- All gifts are excepted. Gifts should be appropriate;
Sweets, Gift Cards, Watches
Meal Guidelines Include:
Gender - The Female Role in Business
Business Is Personal ~ Honoring Your Word
- Business is hectic, stressful, and disorganized.
- Meeting places are informal.
- Revolves around family ties, personal relationships, trust, and honor.
- "mow'id ingleeza": English Meetings
- Patience is key in meetings.
- Meetings are circular in nature.
- Verbal agreements are considered more important than written down agreements.