Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of INTERNATIONAL
- GPD of Saudi Arabia = 576.8 billion dollars (2011).
_ 100% of the country's 28.3 million citizens follow Islam.
* Duties of being a Muslim:
* five daily prayers.
* Ramadan - Fasting.
* No Interest.
- 16% of percent of woman work.
- The Government is advancing.
- All women are expected to cover their entire body.
- Men and Women greet but do not shake hands (unless offered by the female).
- It is not uncommon to find female business associates.
"Asalamu-'alaikum" - May Peace Be Upon You
"Wa'alaikum Asalam" - And May Peace Be To You
* Accompanied by handshakes (hand holds).*
ex. Sheikh John ex. Sayyida Sarah ex. Hajji William
Background -The Role of Religion
Introductions - Manners
The Dress Code, The Meals, and The Complimentary Gifts
Business is Personal - Honoring Your Spoken Word
Gender - The Female Roll in Business
Background - The Role of Religion
Introductions and Manners
The Dress Code, The Meals, and The Complimentary Gifts.
- Residents wear traditional clothing: a "thob" and a "hutta".
- Propper attire for non-resident males include dark suits and ties.
- Men must be modest in their clothing, covering their body despite the heat.
- "Dinner time" is later in the evening. Dinner parties are held at homes.
- All gifts are excepted. Gifts should be appropriate;
Sweets, Gift Cards, Watches
Meal Guidelines Include:
Gender - The Female Role in Business
Business Is Personal ~ Honoring Your Word
- Business is hectic, stressful, and disorganized.
- Meeting places are informal.
- Revolves around family ties, personal relationships, trust, and honor.
- "mow'id ingleeza": English Meetings
- Patience is key in meetings.
- Meetings are circular in nature.
- Verbal agreements are considered more important than written down agreements.