Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What is Music Therapy?
Transcript of What is Music Therapy?
decrease depression and anxiety to treatment procedures
enhance quality of life
increase coping skills
increase self-expression This is an evidence-based practice that adresses all 5 developmental domains: Communication, Cognitive, Physical, Psychological, and Social-Emotional Music Therapy could be a part of the treatment team Who can we potentially work with:
Speech and Language pathologists
Child life specialists Here are some of our interventions...
1. Instrument playing
2. Lyric analysis
3. Song writing
4. Music for relaxation How did this make you feel? So What can music do? It gives perspective. It connects. It redirects. It supports. It remembers the past. It hopes for the future. Music soothes. - Masayo Watanabe, M.D. In a hospital for children, it's all about pain, tears, fears, anxiety, medicine, and needle pokes. In our treatment, it's all about independence in choice-making, distraction from painful procedures, normalizing and providing a calming environment, and a positive outlet for independent expression for each indiviudal patient. Hospital Music Therapy, Pt. 1