Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Using ICT for differentiated instruction
Transcript of Using ICT for differentiated instruction
1. Embrace Student Differences
5. Expect a Variety of Products
Provide assistive and accessible tools
Encourage students to create customized tools
2. Using pre-assessment data to guide instruction
multiple intelligences test
learning style inventory http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/LSI/LSI.htm
Popplet http://popplet.com/ (concept map)
3. Use Choice to Engage and Motivate
Provide an array of tools that captivate students' interest
More examples available: http://www.scoop.it/t/differentiated-ict-instruction
Hall of Science: http://static.lawrencehallofscience.org/kidsite/#widgetized-home-page-activities
4. Offer Flexible Groupings
Some case studies:
Example 1: http://www.pkcalternativeenergy.wikispaces.com http://bestbudsteam.wikispaces.com/
Example 2: http://www.slideshare.net/sallywywan2010/lesson-1-antarctica
Example 3: http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/6bantarctica
Utilize tools that allow students to express their creativity
Encourage interaction and participation
Blogs & wikis
weebly (webpage creator, learning portfolio)
Wordpress (webpage creator, blogging)
Some more about storytelling
Mix whole class orientations with small group and peer tasks
Collaborate with groupings outside of the classroom
Virtual field trips
http://learninginhand.com/ (many Apps!)