Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Energy Balance
BMR = Minimal calorie requirement needed to sutain life
Factors that affect BMR
Age - Older = muscle tissue is lost and replaced with fat tissue
Amount of energy body would burn if you slept all day or rested for 24hrs
The same amount of ENERGY IN and ENERGY OUT over time = weight stays the same
More IN than OUT over time = weight gain More OUT than IN over time = weight loss
Body Size - Taller & Heavier = Higher BMR
Growth - Children & Pregnant Women = Higher BMR - WHY?
Body Composition - More muscle tissue = Increased BMR
More fat tissue = Lower BMR
Illness - Increased BMR = Body Temperature increased
Thyroxin - Thyroid Hormone regulates BMR
More thyroxin = Higher BMR
Use your BMR calculations to work out your calorie requirements for this week
Consider your activity levels each day & use 'Harris Benedict' Formula