Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Irish dance
- Facts about Michael Flatley
- Lord of the dance
- Lord of the dance- Melody
- Irish dance- Shoes Facts about Michael Flatley Musical: Lord of the dance Lord of the dance- Melody
- Soft shoes -> soundless dance= Soft-shoe-dance
used by ladies
boys=age of 11 years
- Heavy shoes -> solo step dances,
special rise in the sales
sound producers=parts of plastic
kids begin with simply shoes
Table of contents -born in Chicago
-11 years old => sent to Irish dancing class
-35 taps per second => fasted feet
-Dublin 1994: famous appearing on ESC with group of dancer
-1995 fired from "Riverdance"
-own show "Lord of the dance"
-doesn't like dancing holding his arms down the traditional way
-Critics:commercialized and glamorized a part of Irish culture Beginning:
- flute: feels relaxing Shoes Irish Rhythm - Middle:
- other music part beginns
- first it sounds very dark
- louder End:
- happieness fights the dark music
- wanna clap your hands
- wanna dance too
- feel like a bird
- part of music repeats
- slowly -stayed on 28.6.1996
-is based on Irish folklore which
-about the fight between good and evil
-music by Roman Hardiman
-lyrics by Micheal Flatley
-also played the main role
-1997 was played at the Oscars
-since 1998 4 croups toured trough 60 countries
-50 million people have seen the musical
Irish dancing Michal Flatley Heavy shoes Soft shoes