Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Petroleum
Petroleum is a liquid mixture of hydrogens and carbons, that is in certain rock strata and can be removed to make fuels like gas, kerosene, and diesel oil.
2. How Was Petroleum formed?
Petroleum was formed from the remains of plants and animals that lived millions of years ago, in water environment before the dinosaurs. Over the years, the remains were covered by layers of mud. Heat pressure from the layers turned the remains into oil.
3. Where Is Petroleum Found?
Petroleum is found mostly in the Middle East. It is also found in parts of the U.S.A., China, Saudi Arabia, and much more.
4. How Is Oil Recovered From The Ground?
Oil is recovered from the ground by drilling into the dirt. When the hole is really deep, people use oil wells to pump the oil out of the ground.
5. How Do We Use Petroleum?
People use petroleum for making oil lubricants. People also use it to make electricity and in heating homes during the winter. About 2/3 of the oil in the world is used for transportation.
6. Some of the advantages of Petroleum are:
- Petroleum is clean
- Petroleum can be easily transported when it is a liquid
- It can be used for many things!
7. Some of the disadvantages of Petroleum are:
- Petroleum is not natural
- Petroleum has been put through a lot of changes
- Years from now, it will be an expensive source of energy!
An Oil Rig
This is How Oil is Recovered
From The Ground
This Is The Biggest Oil Rig in The World!
An Oil Can