Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
How to ZERO the Art Line
Transcript of How to ZERO the Art Line
Align transducer to mid axillary line and then align with nipple
Turn the stop cock “off” to the patient—turn the switch DOWN not up.
Remove the yellow cap and squeeze the plastic “wings” until saline comes out
Tap the red line on the monitor and select ZERO –wait to see the (0) and the monitor will beep
Replace the yellow cap and turn the stop cock switch off to air (switch should point towards the yellow cap)
-The reading should look like a blood pressure reading, not just a number in parenthesis—re-zero if not obtaining correct reading, check all connections and transducer placement.
-When transporting the patient, remove line from transducer holder and tape to landmark on patient wall, this will allow for approximate reading while transporting pt.
-Re-zero art line with every reposition of patient.