Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Persuasive Speech
222 children died in 2010 in Texas from child abuse and neglect We need to stop and prevent child abuse and neglect because, - Amount of children dying is outrageous
- It can endanger a child's physical or emotional health and development. For example a child is twice as likely to become suicidal, a smoker, an alcoholic, be severely abused, addicted to drugs, have heart, lung or liver disease or have cancer.
- State law requires anyone who suspects child abuse or neglect to report those suspicions to the Texas Department of Family and Protective services (DFPS) or local law enforcement agency. Once child abuse and neglect is stopped we need to help the children who were abused and neglected by, - Taking the children and putting them in a Foster families homes so they can be loved and showed what the proper way to live is.
- Getting the child a psychologist, to help them get over the physical and emotional stress of being abused and neglected.
- Get the child the proper health care to make sure any problems they may have or may end up having in the near future are fixed. What would the world look like if people were not punished for committing the crime of child abuse and neglect in Texas? - 222 children died in Texas in 2010 from child abuse or neglect so imagine what that number would be today.
- According to childwelfare.gov the impact of the abuse is seen in the physical, psychological, behavioral, and societal realm. If abusers had no consequence we would experience more and more people suffering from abuse and it would cripple our society.
- According to the state law which states, anyone witnessing child abuse or neglect happening needs to report it to DFPS or local law enforcement. If no one took the responsibility to tell the DFPS what they witnessed then, more and more children would suffer and/or die. You have seen what I have had to say about child abuse and neglect. - Child abuse and neglect has killed so many children and can not continue, it cripples our society.
- If child abuse and neglect is stopped then less tax payers dollars will be spent on health care of the abused and neglected.
- By contacting the Texas Department of Family and Protective services you can help stop child abuse. - With your help child abuse and neglect can be stopped by contacting the DFPS.
- Today I told you how to stop child abuse and neglect, how to help children who were affected by child abuse and neglect, and how the world would look if there were no consequences for child abuse and neglect. It's up to you to make the future of Gods children brighter! This topic connects to me, because I could have been one of those 10,000 children who died because of child abuse and neglect. Today I am going to tell you how to stop child abuse and neglect, how to help the children, and how the world would look if there were no punishment for child abuse and neglect. To begin, Secondly, My third point is: Finally,