Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of CHAPTER 3 - SYSTEM THINKING
Transcript of Copy of CHAPTER 3 - SYSTEM THINKING
7 Types of System Thinking
- Thinking in dynamical process
- Recognizing pattern over time
Time Delay Concept
- Action to stop movement
- example: iron
- Repetitive variation, typically in time
- Thinking in models requires to construct, validate and develop models to present reality
- Example :
- Thinking in loops: interrelated structures, indirect effect,
- Goes beyond one way cause - effect relationship
- Come from our ability to anticipate the future
- Example: when you aspect to succeed, your energy will maximize to help you and make you likely succeed.
- Finding "leverage point"
- The right action, the right time, the right place.
- Example: Jusco One Utama doing a sale, at the end of month.
Closed Loop Thinking
Interrelated processes instead of one-way relations
Eg : Badminton
Making things quantifiable & testable
Eg : Water molecule
Thinking in stock and flow structures
Eg : Water in a cloud
Need logical and systematic thinking
Eg : Programming
Thinking in "big picture"
and long term - term perspectives
interdependent nature of system thinking
Taking into account
of both measurable and non-measurable factors
Principle of System
System = elements / components + relationship
Thinking = Mental process take place in brain / body system
- Behaviour determined by
system as whole
- Behaviour of subsystem
Mental Process Relevant
To System Thinking
Break things into smaller parts - study each problem separately.
Take the thing
Example : molecule
In design phase - you synthesize and have a holistic view.
Example : Composing a song , develop building
Look at both analysis and synthesis
Example : Riding in a helicopter
System Thinking Approach
Hierarchically organized set of elements.
Totally with emergent properties.
With standing perspective.
Properties of elements at given level are reducible.
As a Perspective
As a Set Of
As a Special
Respond to event
Help to communicate with other about system :
Wholes rather than parts & their interconnections
Terminology that describes system behaviour.
Understand system's structure and behaviour.
Communicate with other about your understanding.
Design high-leverage intervention.
Behaviour over time graphs
Stock and flow diagram
Get the causality and the understanding of behavior to reveal the nature of the process
Eg : Milk production should include cow
Seeing generic structures beyond specific symptoms
Eg : Find area of circle with its radius=5cm
Finding ways between the "black and white" extremes
Eg : Rather than waiting in long queue, Ahmad buy Plusliner bus ticket online
FROM : CS2463A & CS2463B