Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
What are the Advantages and disadvantages of population grow
Transcript of What are the Advantages and disadvantages of population grow
By: Jennifer, Charlynne, Selah and Jessica M.
- A growing population can generate economic growth.
- The birth of more people means there will be a greater number of parents investing in their youth.
-Increased purchases in products such as food, clothing, education-related expenses, sporting goods and toys feed the economy.
- Parents with small children purchase larger homes to make room for their children.
-The larger homes that parents with children purchase feed the construction industry economically.
- Children then grow into adults who work for pay and spend it in the economy.
- With population growth comes challenges and difficulties.
- People will be forced to come up with new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Diseases, food shortages and pollution (all disadvantages) are problems that we will be forced to solve.
Medical, agricultural and industrial innovations
- With humans constantly reproducing there is no way for the human race to go extinct.
Keeps humans from going extinct
- A large amount of people lead to a higher chance of disagreement.
- These disagreements can escalate into a huge amount of conflict or even wars.
- With a large population it takes a lot to control a situation like a war or a riot.
- It would be almost impossible to keep even temporary peace.
Conflict and War
Food and land shortages
New Ideas and Cultures
- basic supplies become more expensive because of supply and demand therefore more people must steal to survive
- As populations increase the population of people with mental illnesses increase.
- More people will get in to fights that escalate into crimes
- People who become desperate for food and land so they may get into organized crime for money
- More people will buy cars which will create more air pollution.
- More people will create more waste and landfills.
- Factories will have to make more product because of the increase of consumers making more air pollution and garbage.
- Only a small percentage of land can be lived on and the increasing population will fill up that space very quickly.
- Food resources are limited and the population may grow beyond sustainability.
- Only a small percentage of land is used for growing food and to make room for people to live that space will slowly begin to shrink.
- Population is increasing and with limited land space, the earth will become crowded.
- With populations constantly growing so will things like culture and religion.
- Original cultures and religions will change adding new concepts and removing things that don't make sense anymore.
- New religions may be formed because of disagreements in changes to the beliefs .
- More people with result in more ideas beliefs and traditions.
- When the population grows so does the demand for certain products and services.
- The supply is limited so the prices go up.
- With a larger population there is more human innovation.
- This leads to ways of doing things without human labor.
- leading to less jobs and higher prices therefore creating poverty.