Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Amazon
• American international electronic commerce company
• Headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United States
• The world's largest online retailer
• Started as an online bookstore - rapid diversification
• Separate retail websites for different countries/regions
Employees worldwide: 109.800 (2013)
48.1 bn US Dollar (2011)
Listed amongst the top 10 companies for code of conduct/ ethics
Customer Service Centers
Software development centers
Prioritizing Stakeholder Demand
Amazon and the 5 CSR Forces
Thank you for your Attention!
Customers: online, worldwide
Competitors: eBay Inc., Netflix, Apple Inc., Barnes & Noble, Inc., Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC.
Various worldwide distributors and suppliers
Employees: contract and permanent workers
Management and CEO
Corporate and regional level
Workers Unions (Ver.di)
Government (Angela Merkel, Salary Regulations)
Public voices (ARD, Die Zeit, etc.)
Increasing CSR Importance
Amazon & CSR
Window of Opportunity
Impact on Strategy
Integration in Corporate Culture
Real actions – no Green-washing!
Price and Quality
Shifting pattern of societal expectation
Reaction to the claims
Visible in everyday life
No sustainability reports
Gaining worldwide costumer loyalty
Free Flow of Information
Image of the cooperation in the eyes of its stakeholders
Possibility to loose stakeholders
Werther, W. B., Jr. & Chandler, D. (2011): Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility - Stakeholders in a Global Environment, 2nd Edition, SAGE Publications, Inc.