Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of #SELFIE
Presentation By: Erica, Diana, Nancy, and Nicole
-keep track of anorexia progress
-fasting for Facebook "likes"
Effect on Reputation
-combination with other psychological disorders
- BDD (body dysmorphic disorder)
1. a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and shared via social media.
Then vs. Now
Seeking Approval From Peers
Cartes des visite of the 19th century
Robert Cornelius 1839
Self-confidence issues and impact on social media.
Vulnerability towards negative comments and abuse.
The goal of popularity.
Presentation of one's 'good side.'
Then vs. Now
Vincent van Gogh- self-portrait 1889
Robert Mapplethorpe- self-portrait 1988
For the soul...
- "feel good factors"
-motivate others to be healthy and to set goals
-educate followers on techniques/tactics
Danny Bowman, age 19
Products to Create the Perfect Selfie...
India Edmonds, age 17
App Products to Create and Share the Perfect Selfie...
"Vision Charity's 'Selfie' Success." Optometry Today 54.10 (2014): 6.