Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The 12 Step Design Process
Transcript of The 12 Step Design Process
What Is a Design Process?
-Come up with as many ideas possible
- Think of ones that might be impossible
-Record all of them
-Sketching Out ideas is very helpful
Start sorting out your ideas that seem unrealistic or impractical
- Do research on the problem
-Research into ideas that exist and innovate
-Interview people impacted by the problem
- Apply the Stem Principles
S- Science, T- Technology, E- engineering, M- math
Constraints Involve things such as
They set boundaries which should be met
Make your brainstorming ideas more enhanced
Keep exploring for alternative ideas you learn more about the problem
Define the Problem,
-Explain the problem-
-Why does it exist?
- Is it a need or a want?
- Is it a problem worth solving?
- Who is it for?
Research and Generate Ideas
Identify Criteria and Constraints
Identify what the solution must do and how it must do it
Explore The Possibilities
Select an Approach
-Anwser lingering question
that has to do with design vality
-Narrow down ideas down, using te decision matrix
-Choose the best idea depending on the descion matrix
-Go into more detail, into your final design
-Start making detailed sketches
-Also start making annotated sketches so that the design is accurate.
- Start considering the type of material that will be used and the cost
Develop a Design Proposal
Make a model or Prototype
Construct a model to help analyze idea aspects such as
Good So far
Test and Evaluate Design
-Performance Data is gathered
-Resuts are analyzed with established criteria
-The prototype is tested in diffrent environments
Refine the Design
-Make changes that might not be good ideas based on constraints
-Rebuild protype,retest to establish accurate and consitent performance result
Create or Make Solution
Develop a plan for production and marketing such as
Draft a product business plan
Communication, is the final Step
- Hand your business partner he business plan for production
-Use appropriate presentation tool when explaining the final solution
If you follow these steps it should provide you with the best possible solution