Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING
Transcript of RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING
RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR DECISION MAKING Part 1
Very important in decision making, as if misinformed, it will lead to a bad decision
TYPES OF PROBLEMS
QUALITATIVE FACTORS INFLUENCING DECISIONS
Information is an important factor that will influence decision making
Decision making is core management function as wrong decisions will affect the performance of the business
2 types of decision making:
- short term (below 5 years)
- long term (above 5 years)
Relevant cost- cost that will make difference between alternative courses of actions
Irrelevant cost- not make any difference regardless of which option is taken.
ACCEPT OR REJECT SPECIAL ORDER
MAKE OR BUY
ADD OR DROP A SERVICE/PRODUCT/DEPARTMENT
SELL OF FURTHER PROCESS
Short term decisions consider mainly financial factors, but the final decision will still include the qualitative and non-financial factors as the image of the business must not be jeorpadized and corporate responsibility not compromised.