Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fifth Pillar of Faith: Belief in the Last Day- Jahannam/Hell
Transcript of Fifth Pillar of Faith: Belief in the Last Day- Jahannam/Hell
Food and Drink
1. Boiling water.
- “Boiling water will be poured on their heads and it would pierce their skulls until it reaches their stomachs; this will make their guts melt and go down to their feet, then everything would be returned to its original condition again” [Ahmad]
- “..[they] will be given to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels [to pieces]” (47:15)
-“They will be given drink from a boiling spring; No food will they have except Daree’ (a Thorny and a dry tree). It neither nourishes nor removes hunger" [88:5-7]
3. Tree of Zaqqum.
-"Verily, the tree of deadly fruit will be the food of the sinful. Like molten lead will it boil in the belly, like the boiling of burning despair" (44:43-46)
4. Mud of Khabaal.
-“Anyone who drinks intoxicants will be made to drink the mud of khabaal”. They asked, “O Messenger of Allaah, what is the mud of khabaal?” He said, “The sweat of the people of Hell”, or “the juice of the people of Hell” [Muslim]
Levels of the Fire
The fire has seven layers:
‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Zayd ibn Aslam said, “The levels of paradise go up and the levels of Hell go down” [Ibn Rajab, at-Takhweef min an-Naar, p.5].
-Some books give names to these levels and categorize who enters which:
1. Jahanam- The lightest punishment and the sinners amongst the monotheists
2. Ladhaa- yahood
3. al-Hutamah- nasaara
4. as-Sa’eer- sabians
5. Saqar- magians
6. al-Jaheem- polytheist Arabs
7. al-Hawiyah- hypocrites
However, there is no proof for this division of the inhabitants of Hell or the names that have been attributed to the various levels. The truth is that all of these names – Jahanam, Ladhaa, al-Hutamah, etc – are alternative names by which Hell in its entirety is known, and they are not applied to one part or another of it. It is also known that people will be placed in different levels of Hell according to the extent of their kufr and sins.
Gates of the Fire
1. Seven Gates.
-“And surely, Hell is the promised place for them all. It [Hell] has seven gates, for each of these gates is a [special] class [of sinners] assigned”. (15:43-44)
-‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said:
“The gates of Hell are such and-such”. Abu Harun said, “They are in layers, one above the other”. It is reported that he also said, “The gates of Hell number seven, one above the other. The first will be filled, then the second, then the third, until all of them are filled.” (Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 4/162)
"...over [hell] are [appointed] angels stern [and] severe, who flinch not [from executing] the Commands they receive from Allah, but do [precisely what] they are commanded.” (66:6)
*However these gates are locked up in Ramadan:
-“When the first night of Ramadhan comes, the Shayaateen and evil jinns are chained up. The gates of Hell are closed and not one of them is opened. The gates of Paradise are opened and not one of them is closed.” [Tirmidhi]
Things that leads to this dreaded place
1. Kufr and Shirk:
-The unbelievers will be addressed: “Greater was the aversion of Allah to you than [is] your aversion to yourselves, seeing that you were called to the Faith but you used to refuse. They will say, “Our Rabb! Twice have You made us without life, and twice have You given us life! Now have we recognised our sins: is there any way out [of this]?” [The answer will be]: “This is because, when Allah was invoked as the Only [object of worship] you did reject Faith, but when partners were joined to Him, you believed! The Command is only with Allah, All-High, All-Great!” (40:10-12)
2. Failing to fulfill legislated duties and denying the Last Day:
-[The believers will ask] What led you into Hellfire?” They will reply: “..We were not of those who prayed, Nor were we of those who fed the indigent, But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers, And we used to deny the Day of Judgement, Until there came to us [the Hour] that is certain.” [74:43-47]
- “Allah has promised the hypocrites, men and women, and the rejecters of Faith, the fire of Hell, therein shall they dwell. Sufficient is it for them. For them is the curse of Allah and an enduring punishment.” (9:68)
- “The hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire; no helper will you find for them”. (4:145)
- “But those who reject Our Signs and treat them with arrogance – they are the Companions (dwellers) of the Fire, to dwell therein [forever]” (7:36)
- "Shall I not tell you about the people of Paradise? Every meek person who is considered to be so humble that if he were to adjure something by Allah (swt), He would fulfil it for him. Shall I not tell you about the people of Hell? Every haughty, greedy and proud person.” [Bukhari, Muslim]
and more... May Allah protect us from all of them Aameen.
Those who will enter Hell and be brought forth at a later time are the monotheists who did not associate anything with Allah but they committed many sins that far outweigh their good deeds. They will enter Hell for a period known only to Allah, then they will be brought forth through the intercession of those who intercede, and Allah will bring forth, through His Mercy, people who never did any good at all!
What is Jahannam?
-"If a rock is dropped into Jahannam, it will remain plummeting for 70 years before touching the pith of Jahannam". [Muslim]
-“Jahannam was heated for a thousand years and its fire turned red; It was then heated for another thousand years and it became white; it was again heated for another thousand years and it turned black. At present, Jahannam is pitch black and dark." [Tirmidhi]
-"The fire in which one will burn is the 70th part of the Fire of Jahannam.” [Muslim]
-"Once Jahannam complained to Allah Ta'ala against the increasing heat because one portion was eating into another. Then the Rabb of the Worlds allowed it to have two breaths -- one during summer and another during winter. Therefore the heat you feel is the effect of the heave of Jahannam (with it the breath is taken out) and similarly, the rigid cold you experience is the effect of the breath (taken in). [Bukhari]
-"Verily you, (Unbelievers) and the (false) gods that you worship besides Allah, are (but) fuel for Jahannam! To it will you (surely) come!" [Qur'an 21: 98]
-"O Muslims! Save yourselves and your families from the Fire whose fuel is men and stones." [Qur'an 66: 6]
Events and Punishments
BUT!!! There will be those who will not remain in hell forever, and they are...