Loading presentation...

Present Remotely

Send the link below via email or IM

Copy

Present to your audience

Start remote presentation

  • Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
  • People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
  • This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
  • A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
  • Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article

Do you really want to delete this prezi?

Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.

DeleteCancel

Nicotine.

No description
by

Rana G

on 4 May 2010

Comments (0)

Please log in to add your comment.

Report abuse

Transcript of Nicotine.

NICOTINE WHATISIT? Nicotine is a highly addictive substance found in tobacco. EFFECTS? Psychological : Mental : Physical : rapid heartbeat
increased blood pressure
rapid, shallow breathing
constricts the arteries LEGALCONSEQUENCES?
WITHDRAWAL pick-me-up
stress reliever
mental focus
pattern behaviour
psychological dependence
enhances brain activity
increases concentration
improves memory
irritability
dizziness
anxiety
headaches
lack of concentration
disturbed sleeping patterns
feelings of anger
depression
tiredness
cravings for more nicotine
* for many, the craving NEVER leaves Nicotine is a legal drug, and is even sold in convenience stores and drug stores, however there are some legal consequences. First, you must be 18 or older in order to purchase nicotine, and you can get arrested for selling nicotine to a minor. The consequences would be a fine and maybe even up to 90 days of jail time.
Also, advertising tobacco is illegal in Canada. NAMES? StreetNames : GenericNames : cigarettes
cigars
chewing tobacco
cigs
butts
coffin nails
fags
snuff
chew
chaw
stogies
skag
gasper
smoke
pill
tog turd
kreteks
spit


COST? The prices of cigarettes will vary depending on the brand, but a box of 21 is roughly around $10 +.
Nicotine gum varies from $10-$40.
Nicotine patches vary from $20-$70. TYPE? Nicotine is a stimulant.
But, it can also be considered a depressant because of the effects it has after the drug wears off. HEALTHRISKS? Smoking may cause :
cancer of the mouth and throat
smoker's cough
lung cancer
heart disease
hardened and narrowed blood vessels
bronchitis and other chest infections * INTERESTING FACTS nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known
of all known drugs, tobacco does the most damage; cigarette smoking causes nearly 500,000 deaths in North America
only 4% of the smoke produced by a cigarette is inhaled by the smoker; the other 96% goes into the air, providing a hazard even to non-smokers
if nobody smoked, there would be fewer lung cancer victims by 90%
every time a person smokes a cigarette, it takes around 7 minutes of his/her life. DON'T MAKE
NICOTINE A
DAILY ROUTINE! TOBACCO.
Full transcript