Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Nicotine.
increased blood pressure
rapid, shallow breathing
constricts the arteries LEGALCONSEQUENCES?
enhances brain activity
lack of concentration
disturbed sleeping patterns
feelings of anger
cravings for more nicotine
* for many, the craving NEVER leaves Nicotine is a legal drug, and is even sold in convenience stores and drug stores, however there are some legal consequences. First, you must be 18 or older in order to purchase nicotine, and you can get arrested for selling nicotine to a minor. The consequences would be a fine and maybe even up to 90 days of jail time.
Also, advertising tobacco is illegal in Canada. NAMES? StreetNames : GenericNames : cigarettes
COST? The prices of cigarettes will vary depending on the brand, but a box of 21 is roughly around $10 +.
Nicotine gum varies from $10-$40.
Nicotine patches vary from $20-$70. TYPE? Nicotine is a stimulant.
But, it can also be considered a depressant because of the effects it has after the drug wears off. HEALTHRISKS? Smoking may cause :
cancer of the mouth and throat
hardened and narrowed blood vessels
bronchitis and other chest infections * INTERESTING FACTS nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known
of all known drugs, tobacco does the most damage; cigarette smoking causes nearly 500,000 deaths in North America
only 4% of the smoke produced by a cigarette is inhaled by the smoker; the other 96% goes into the air, providing a hazard even to non-smokers
if nobody smoked, there would be fewer lung cancer victims by 90%
every time a person smokes a cigarette, it takes around 7 minutes of his/her life. DON'T MAKE
DAILY ROUTINE! TOBACCO.