Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Combining Like Terms
Transcript of Combining Like Terms
What are like terms?
Like terms are found in expressions and equations that have the same variable more than once!
Let's look at another example:
Why do we need to know Like Terms?
Think about when you go to a fast food place. Does the worker read back each person's order or do they do a tally of what you got?
This person tallies (or adds up) the total number of each item you ordered and your family ordered. Let's take a look at an example!
Still confused? It's OK!
Combining like terms can be very tricky. Here's a couple of quick rules to follow when attempting to combine like terms!
Lets Identify some like terms
Ex: T + T = 2T
Like terms need to have the same letter variable with the exponent raised to the exact same power
You need to check every part of the expression carefully and make sure they're the same. TAKE YOUR TIME!!!
Let's take a look at some fun games with combining like terms!
http://www.xpmath.com/forums/arcade.php?do=play&gameid=92 (my favorite!)