Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Forces
Weight and gravitational field
Weight is the force of gravity pulling an object to the center of the earth. Force = Newtons (N)
Mass is the amount of matter (particles an object contains) Scalar quantity = Kilograms (Kg)
Do it now!
Name 2 contact forces and 2 non-contact forces
What causes weight?
What causes gravity?
Resolve the following forces?
Art of writing
The difference between mass and weight is...............
Calculating your weight!
Weight = Mass X Force of gravity
Use the scales to find your mass
calculate your weight of the following planets
all objects are attracted to each other
The further the distance between them the lower the gravity
The greater the mass the greater the gravity