Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Sample Poetry Project
Transcript of Sample Poetry Project
According to Dictionary.com poetry is the art of rhythmical composition, written or spoken, for exciting pleasure by beautiful, imaginative, or elevated thoughts.
Poetry is also:
Short or Long Haiku Haiku is a form of poetry that originated in Japan. It is a short poem consisting of 1 stanza of 3 lines. The lines have a specific format. Line 1 has 5 syllables, line 2 has 7, and line 3 has 5 syllables again. Most haiku poetry is about nature. What is Poetry?
Cold, blue, serene sky
Wind kisses my rosy cheeks
Winter wonderland Snow under my feet
Crunches loudly as I watch
Snow fall all around Limerick Limericks are short, funny poems of five lines. They are usually about a person or an animal and they tell a short, amusing anecdote.
Lines 1, 2, and 5 rhyme with each other and have 3 beats.
Lines 3 and 4 rhyme with each other and have 2 beats.
There once was silly young girl
who’s hair had quite a nice curl.
She once tried to wash it
But couldn’t turn on the faucet.
So instead she gave it a twirl.