Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Stamp Act
Transcript of The Stamp Act
by : jnana & liv
reason for the stamp act
England was running low on money. They decided to tax the colonists on paper goods.
the stamp act is a terrible tax
You need to purchase special stamps to get these items:
Newspapers, College Diplomas, Playing cards, Legal documents, and Marriage License.
The colonists were unhappy and protested. They claimed the tax violated their rights. Colonists said "That taxing without a voice in not fair to them". Taxation with out representation.
Reaction in England
The protest took English leaders by suprise.They thought the tax made sense. The Stamp tax was with drawn after three months.
Stamp Act started in the year of 1765.
The Stamp Act united all the colonies to work together.
Now for a short video