Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Health Education in Finland, Turkey and South-Korea
Transcript of Health Education in Finland, Turkey and South-Korea
History of Health Education
In Turkey, there is not health education course with separated curriculum in primary school. But in 1984-1985 academic year, health education course added to 5 high school for trying.
After this year, some problems detected and worked on solutions. And health education course became constant.
the first marks in 19th century (Ahlman school)
during the time of old elementary school: body care, abstinence and health study
integrated to e.g. natural sciences, domestic education and P.E.
comprehensive school (1970-1994): civic skills
secondary school: separate health courses in half the schools, also integrated to P.E., domestic education and biology
1994: as a cross-curricular theme
2001: independent subject in secondary school
Now health education present in all levels of education starting from pre-school
In South Korea, there is no health education subject. Now, Physical education include Health education part. However, the concept of Health education was appeared from the first period curriculum as a Health section (1945).
In the fifth curriculum(1987 -1992), the importance of health education was getting bigger so government started demo business that organized health education 6hours in a week as a regular curriculum
Basic education: Growing as a person, cultural identity, multiculturalism, media literacy, active citizenship and entrepreneurship, responsibility of the environment, well-being and sustainable future
Health, well-being and safety
Understanding the characteristics of life -> youths physical, psychological and social development
In Turkey, Health Education is not separated course in primary and secondary school. So there is not any specified goal or purpose.
There is arranged goals in another courses about health education.
The goal of health education
* Making good health habit
* Forming health managing ability.
Secondary school ; Goal of Health education.
1. Understanding about public health and applying knowledge into their lives
(The public health include the contents of illness, health, sex education, environment education)
2. Understanding about consumer health and applying knowledge into their lives
3. Understanding about safety health and applying knowledge into their lives.
• Growth and development
• Health in basic situations of choice
• Resources and skills of survival
• Health, society and culture
About health services, in 1-5th grades we can see this two goals “Knowing who and which institutions responsible from health services” and “Explaining general roles of health institutions”.
About diseases and protecting ways from diseases, at 1-5th grades the goals are: “Explains to necessity of vaccination to live healthy” and at 6-8th grades student acquires “Explains to which vaccination need to take on when?” and “Explains how vaccinations protects us and others” goals.
And about drugs, alcohol and cigarette, only at 6-8th grades we can see the “Negative effects of addictive substances to health” goal.
1. Understanding health & prevention of disease
developing a fundamental concept of health
understanding growth of adolescent
2. Choice of healthy things in everyday life
Drug abuse & prevention of drinking and smoking
3. Health and social culture
Right and responsibilities about health and safety