Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
"Just Right" Book in 3rd grade: I PICK
Transcript of "Just Right" Book in 3rd grade: I PICK
Book Follow these steps
to choose a
"just right" book! INTEREST:
Pick up a book.
Does it look interesting? Do you like scary fiction? Or sports? Or adventure? Find something you like to read about! Can you read most of the words? Where are the "just right" books? Fiction Books Nonfiction Books keep going! start over! COMPREHEND:
Do I understand?
Close the book.
Retell yourself what happened. Did the book make sense? "just right" book! start over! Let's do the 5 finger test! Start reading with all of your fingers up. when you don't know a word,
put one finger down. if you run out of fingers, it's too hard! What is a "just right" book? Mrs. Fournier rocks! Questions? I P I CK I - I choose!
Purpose - why am I reading this?
Interest- do I like it?
Comprehend- do I understand?
Know - do I know most of the words?
Open your book.
Pick a page... any page! KNOW:
Do I know most of the words? if you have all your fingers left,
it's too easy! Purpose
Why am I reading this? I PICK.