Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Plate Tectonics
These plate bounderies leave many clues that they exist, including mid ocean ridges and rift valleys on land. Convergent plate Boundaries Convergent plate boundaries are locations where lithospheric plates are moving towards one another.
Convergent boundaries are found near valconoes and mountains such as Andes Mountain Range. Transform Plate Boundaries Transform Plate Boundaries are locations where two plates slide past one another.
Transform plate bounderies are very hard to find because they don't leave many signs of their existance.
Earthquakes are one of the few clues Transform plates leave that can help us find them. The Earthquakes are caused by the two plates rubbing eachother. How mountains and rift valleys relate to tectonic plates When two convergent plates collide the only place to go is up and when the Earths crust is pushed upward mountains are formed.
Rift valleys are caused when two divergent plate boundaries move apart cause the land between to stretch and sink making what is known as a rift valley. Sources http://geology.com/nsta/transform-plate-boundaries.shtml