Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
New Principal Entry Plan
Transcript of New Principal Entry Plan
Lewis & Clark K-8
Located in a small city in the Northeast
Largest school in its district
About 700 students The Challenges:
Lack of collaboration & teamwork
Weak prior leadership
Few community partnerships
Little professional development
Unfamiliarity with new curriculum materials
Poor state standardized test results
Little ELL parent participation The Goals:
1) Build a foundation of school improvement by creating a culture of collaboration
2) Manage data & knowledge to inform decisions and measure progress of student, adult, and school performance
3) Actively engage the community to create shared responsibility for student performance and development Strategic Goal 1: Create a culture of collaboration
Loosely based on Standard # 4
Strategic Initiative: Create opportunities for collaboration & communication among teacher teams and support staff. Strategic Goal 2: Manage data & knowledge to inform decisions and measure progress of student, adult and school performance
Based on Standard # 5
Strategic Initiative: Make MCAS results transparent to entire school community Strategic Goal 3: Actively engage the community
Based on standard # 6
Strategic initiative: Engage ELL parents Key Constituents:
Teacher union rep
Student council members
Current and prospective community partners
School committee members Documents to be reviewed:
School Improvement Plan
Teacher Improvement Plans
Individual Education Plans
Teacher & Student Attendance Records
MEPA results Summary Findings:
Current school climate
Potential ELL parent liaisons identified
Teacher leaders & struggling teachers identified
How past improvement plan aligns with current vision of the school
Familiarity with students through IEP reviews
Patterns of absences
MCAS problem areas/ growth areas
ELL growth through MEPA results Questions:
What does a real entry plan consist of?
How many goals are realistic?
Are entry plans required of every new principal?
Are entry plans monitored by principal's supervisor?