Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Kilauea Volcano
It is surrounded by a wall of volcanic rocks 200-500 feet.
This is a active volcano and isn't a dormant volcano.
During volcano eruptions lightning storms are very common.
There are 600 active volcanoes on the earth today.
Magma comes from the Greek name dough. Causes and effects! A lava flow in 1990 caused destruction damage to Puna, Kalapana and Kaimu. The things that probably got damaged/hurt are houses/buildings , ecosystems and animals. Extra! This is Hawaii's flag looks alot like the USA's dosen't it. Whats a shield volcano? Shield volcanoes are broad, domed volcano with gently sloping sides. This is Kilauea exploding! This is Kilauea's lava/magma. This is Kilauea exploding and then the lava spreading! Now for a short video Quiz!
What is the volcanoe's name?
The volcano is located near the..........plate?
What is the meaning of the volcanoe's name?
What are the names of the volcanoe's on Mount Kilauea?
What is the volcanoe's circumference in miles?
What are the cause of this volcano? Take out your paper and pencil and take notes. There will be a quiz! So be quiet and listen carefully.