Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Planning the Enterprise
Transcript of Planning the Enterprise
Why Prepare a Plan?
Steps in Enterprise Planning
Matching the Entrepreneur with the Project
The Intricacies of Enterprise Planning
A business starts with the recognition of the needs of the consumers and customers, such as food, clothing, shelter, safety, convenience, social acceptance, recognition, self-esteem, economy, and so forth. These needs can now be translated as business opportunities.
• Minimize, if not eliminate the risk of losing money on a poor business idea.
Step 1: Idea generation and opportunity identification
Step 2: Informal Screening
Step 3: Analysis of the Situation
• Study the existing situation in the market
• Estimate the supply and demand
• Then prepare the marketing plan
• Product specification
• Product Process
• Equipment, materials, utilities and manpower
• Product schedule
• Inventory Schedule
• Production costing
Describe the form of ownership of your firm
Prepare the organization structure
Describe the duties and responsibilities of all those involved in the enterprise, the required qualifications for the tasks, the corresponding salaries and benefits and the number of personnel required
Present the pre-operating activities through a Gannt Chart.
Based on Jim Harvey's speech structures
• Save on costly mistakes.
• Evaluate actual performance against ret targets, especially in terms of sales, costs, and profits.
• Approach a financial institution for loans, in which a business plan is a common pre-requisite.
• Determine your financial requirements.
• Program your activities in advance.
Present the TOTAL PROJECT COST:
*Total Fixed Assets - include building, land & equipment used,
*Working Capital - amount of funds you need to pay for expenses
*Pre-operating Expenses - registration fees and fees paid to a consultant or researcher who prepared the feasibility study
Marketability of the product
Availability of raw materials
Availability of technology for making the product
Availability of skilled workers
Government priority or support
1. RESOURCE ANALYSIS (can do)
Money, Materials, Moment(time), Manpower, Machines, Methods, Management
2. ENVIRONMENTAL ANALYSIS (may do)
Factors Affecting the Business:
• Economic situation
• Socio-cultural environment
• Technological Environment
3. VALUES ANALYSIS (wants to do)
1. Equity Contribution - funds from owner and other co-owners if any
2 . Creditors – Relatives, friends, banks and other sources
Sources of Funding:
1. Profit and Loss Statement (P&L)
2. Balance Sheet
3. Cash Flow Statement
basically consists of computations of profitability, liquidity, and marketability (if applicable) of the enterprise based on the information from the profit and loss statement and the balance sheet.
requires you to look at the benefits and the costs that will accrue to society in general if your prospective business is established.
SOCIAL-COST BENEFIT ANALYSIS
Identify needs and wants of consumers / customers
Generate ideas and identify business opportunities
Select the business you want to get into
Prepare detailed Business Plan
Prepare Market Plan
Do you have sufficient market demand?
Prepare Production Plan
Are the factors of production available at a reasonable cost?
Can you tap the needed manpower?
Prepare Organization Plan
Prepare Financial Plan
Is your project financially viable?
Implement the project
Enterprise Planning Process Flow Chart
Analyze the situation using SWOT and value analysis
THANK YOU! :)