Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
White water rapids
Transcript of White water rapids
This is an example of a man made rapid.
How they are created.
Four factors, separately or in combination, can create rapids: gradient, constriction, obstruction and flow rate. Gradient, constriction and obstruction are streambed topography factors and are relatively consistent. Flow rate is dependent upon both seasonal variation in precipitation and snowmelt and upon release rates of upstream dams
What fish are in white water.
The fish that are in the rapids are salmon and this are the risks they take.
What boats do you need?
You need to have a blow up boat. It is a material blow up boat to make sure when you hit rocks the boat doesn't burst.
This is one of the biggest waterfalls in USA.
What is the fun of white water
Paddling on rivers, lakes and oceans is as old as the Stone Age. The raft, the catamaran, the canoe and the kayak evolved depending on the needs and environment of the indigenous peoples in different parts of the world.
Fast white water rapids!
By Finlay Harwood