Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Broadcasting Media Companies
Transcript of Broadcasting Media Companies
- The origins of CBS date back to January 27, 1927 in United Independent Broadcasters Inc. a collection of 16 radio stations.
- In the late 1940s, CBS offered the first live television coverage of the proceedings of the United Nations General Assembly (1949). ABC American Broadcasting Company Broadcasting Media companies in the English speaking countries NBC Nacional Broadcasting Company - NBC was the first major broadcast network in the United States - Formed in 1926 by the Radio Corporation of America. - Headquartered in the GE Building in New York City's Rockefeller Center with additional major offices near Los Angeles and in Chicago "The Peacock Network" - The Red Network offered commercially sponsored entertainment and music programming; the Blue Network mostly carried sustaining or non-sponsored broadcasts, especially news and cultural programs Programming: - NBC presently operates on an 87-hour regular network programming schedule - Children's programming.
- sports programming. - Daytimes programms. Columbia Broadcasting System As of fall 2010, CBS operates on an 87 hour regular network programming schedule.
CBS News is shown for a few hours a day on satellite channel Orbit News in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Created in 1943 from the former NBC Blue radio network.
Its first broadcast on television was in 1948.
It is the largest broadcaster in the world by revenues.
its programming has contributed to American popular culture.
ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Company and is part of Disney-ABC Television Group, formerly ABC-TV. Programming: ABC operates 86 weekly regular hours of network programming schedule.
it includes: sports, children's programming, daytime programming. "British Broadcasting Corporation" BBC "Cable News Netowork" CNN It is a U.S. cable news channel founded in 1980 by American media mogul and philanthropist Ted Turner.
CNN was the first channel to provide 24-hour television news coverage
CNN is owned by parent company Time Warner.
Broadcast coverage extends to over 890,000 American hotel rooms, and the U.S broadcast is also shown in Canada.
CNN was the first cable news channel to break the news of the September 11 attacks It's a British public service broadcasting corporation headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
It is the largest broadcaster in the world by number of employees, with about 23,000 staff
Its main responsibility is to provide impartial public service broadcasting in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
Within the United Kingdom its work is funded principally by an annual television licence fee.
The privately owned BBC was the world's first national broadcasting organisation and was founded on 18 October 1922 as the British Broadcasting Company Ltd. Headquarters: CNN Center, Atlanta, Georgia Headquarters: Broadcasting House, London,
England, United Kingdom Headquarters: CBS Building New York City Headquarters: New York City "Fox Broadcasting Company" FOX American commercial broadcasting television network owned by Fox Entertainment Group, part of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.
The network is named after sister company 20th Century Fox, and indirectly for producer William Fox, who founded one of the movie studio's predecessors, Fox Film.
- October - 9, 1986 Headquarters: Los Angeles, California Programming: Fox currently programs 19.5 hours
of programming per week. programming: