Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Characterization
Types of Characters
1. Appearance: What does the character look like?
1. Problem/Conflict: What is the character’s trying to overcome?
2. Goal: What does the character want to happen by the end of the story?
3. Outcome: How does the end of the story affect the character?
What is the author’s purpose in creating this particular character in this particular manner?
How does this contribute to the plot, other
characters and major themes?
Take a couple of minutes and think of your favorite movie. Who was your favorite character in that movie? Why? What did they contribute to the overall movie?
How would the movie be if they were not in it?
Characters are the story
Characters give you the main plot and conflict in the story.
Well-told stories populated with dynamic, dramatic characters with larger than life passions.
A complex character that develops throughout the story.
A major character who encounters conflict and is changed by it
A complex and fully developed character
described by one
or two traits
A character that
does not change from
the beginning of the story
to its end
Think about it...
Turn to you neighbor and discuss the following question
Characterization is the method used by a writer to develop a character
Speech and actions of other characters.
2. Personality: How would you describe the character’s personality?
3. Insights: What are the character's most important thoughts/feelings