Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of The Giver
She was born March 20, 1937, in Hawaii. She attended Brown University, but left after sophomore year so she can get married. Her dad was a dentist in the army and moved around the world.
Why the book banned
About the Giver
The book was published in 1993 as a children's novel. It starts in a utopian society it follows a boy named Jonas through the thirteenth year of his life. Jonas is selected to inherit the position of a receiver of memory. The position restores all the past memories.
It started in 2001 and it was banned for violence,offensive language and sexually explicit material; which is unsuited for the age group and is too dark for children.
How would you react with the people banning the book?
Why would you defend the book to not be banned?
What would you say to them if you were face to face to them?
"Banned Books Awareness: The Giver by Lois Lowery." Banned Books Awareness. Trans. Nicholai A. Everage. Lois Lowery, 26 Sept. 2014. Web. 23 Sept. 2014.