Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Welcome to Montreal!
Transcript of Welcome to Montreal!
Here you will learn about rates, and how these apply to ratios.
First, watch this video from 5 minutes...
We call this method of finding a rate per unit the unitary method. See the example below for the appropriate working out.
Twenty tiles weigh 5kg. How much do 7 tiles weigh?
no. of tiles : weight
20 : 5
Therefore 7 tiles weigh 1.75 kg.
It is often useful to use the unitary method to compare prices while shopping. Practise your rate skills in this game. You will need the PIN: FAOVWW
Lastly, you need to complete the following work from your textbook. Don't forget to show appropriate working out (given in the example)
Q1. a, c, e
Q2. a, c, e
Don't forget to correct your work!
Copy this example into your book!