Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
LMIS 370: Dictionaries and Ready Reference
Transcript of LMIS 370: Dictionaries and Ready Reference
Ready reference resources are items such as
The basic questions that ready reference resources answer are
Who do I contact to discuss my utility bill?
What are the requirements to become a U.S. citizen?
Where is the world's largest ball of string?
When was the 19th Amendment passed?
How do I properly make a motion during a meeting?
Or any other resources that are used to answer quick, factual questions.
Some of the best ready references resources are freely available online! Here are a couple of examples:
The Reference and User Services section of the ALA maintains a list of the Best Free Reference Websites at http://www.ala.org/rusa/awards/etsbestindex
The CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/resources/the-world-factbook/index.html
The Kelley Blue Book http://www.kbb.com/
Ready Reference in the Library