Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Region 7
CENTRAL VISAYAS FOUR PROVINCES - BOHOL
- NEGROS ORIENTAL
- SIQUIJOR LOBOC RIVER Natural Wonders CHOCOLATE HILLS BOHOL - 11th largest island in the Philippines
-Capital : Tagbilaran City
-4,117 sq km
-Population: 1, 102, 000
-referred to as 'Republic of Bohol'
-West: Cebu Northeast: Leyte South: Mindano
-generally dry climate FUN FACTS BRIEF HISTORY Pre Hispanic Times Spanish Arrival American Era and Beyond ATTRACTIONS Kawasan Waterfall Virgin Island Alona Beach Kilab kilab falls Limestone Caves HISTORICAL/HERITAGE SITES Blood Compact Ancestral Homes Baclayon Church ANIMALS ACTIVITIES FESTIVALS Sandugo Festival Suroy sa Musikero NEGROS ORIENTAL QUICK FACTS - fourth largest island
- 5, 402 sq km
- population: 1, 124, 000
- capital: Dumaguete City (known as the city of Gentle People)
- derived from the word 'dumaguit' -- "to kidnap"
- wet and dry seasons BRIEF HISTORY ATTRACTIONS BEACHES/DIVE SITES White Sand Bar Bais APO REEF LAKES and FALLS Casaroro Falls Lake Balanan PEAKS and CAVES Mabinay Caves Mt. Talinis HISTORICAL SITES Silliman University Rizal Boulevard FESTIVALS FOOD Cebu Quick Facts Capital: Cebu City
The oldest city in the Philippines
Cebuano is the native tongue
Is a long narrow island stretching 225 kilometers from north to south
Surrounded by 167 neighbouring, smaller islands, which include Mactan, Bantayan, Malapascua, Olango and the Camotes Islands Brief History Attractions Historical/Cultural Sites Basilica Minore del Sto. Niño Magellan's Cross Colon St. - Oldest Street in the Philippines Casa Gorordo USP - Rizal Collection Museo Sugbo Cebu Taoist Temple Lapu-Lapu Monument NATURAL WONDERS NORTHERN CEBU Olango Island
Sanctuary Kawasan Falls
Badian, Cebu Carcar, Cebu Badian Island Malapascua Island Camotes Island Bantayan Island Moalboal SOUTHERN CEBU Oslob Sumilon Island ACTIVITIES SINULOG FESTIVAL Food Dried Mangoes Lechon Hanging Rice Chorizo de Cebu Otap Chicharon Siquijor Quick Facts: Capital: Siquijor
Siquijor is the third smallest province in the country
Spaniards called the island as Island of Fire
Commonly associated with mystic traditions BRIEF HISTORY Historical / Cultural Attractions San Isidro Labrador
Chuch and Convent St. Francis de Assisi Parish
Church and Bell tower Natural Wonders Mt. Bandilaan Nature Park Cantabon Cave Capilay Spring Park Lugnason Falls Cambugahay Falls Salagdoong Beach Kagusuan Beach Enchanted Balete Tree FESTIVALS Healing Festival Solili Festival