Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Creative English Presentation
Transcript of Creative English Presentation
PREPARED BY : Humans, when faced with a dilemma, may sometimes give in to temptation.
Women are expected to resign to their fate.
Beautiful women are often regarded as objects of desire. THEMES Third person omniscient.
symbol of Malay femininity and Malay masculinity.
Implicit power of religious man
Mariah as a widow POINT OF VIEW PROTAGONIST
- CIK MARIAH IS THE PROTAGONIST OF THIS STORY
- SHE IS THE MAIN CHARACTER
- SHE IS ALSO
CIK GU NAB IS THE ANTAGONIST
BECAUSE CIK GU NAB CREATE RUMOURS ABOUT MARIAH
SHE ALSO A JEALOUSY PERSON
SHE ACCUSES MARIAH. FLAT CHARACTER
- THE FLAT CHARACTER IS CIK GU NAB
- LOVES TO FIND OTHER'S FAULT
- HOPELESS COOK
- JEALOUS WIFE
- THE DYNAMIC CHARACTER IS CIK YAM
- SHE LOYAL TO HER HUSBAND
- SHE IS A GOOD COOK
- A FRIEND OF CIK GU NAB
- UNDERSTAND HER HUSBAND CLIMAX -
The Imam informs Cik Yam that he wish to take Mariah as his second wife.
FALLING ACTION -
Cik Yam approves of Imam’s decision to take Mariah as his second wife.
Mariah and the Imam get married.
Introduced to Mariah, who is seen by the women in the village as being the source of the problem.
Imam goes to Mariah’s stall for the first time
Cik Gu Nab reports what she sees and hears to Cik Yam
Cik Yam confronts Imam about his visit to the Kedai Merpati.
internal conflicts faced by the Imam. MARIAH
By Che Husna Azhari Nasi berlauk- which is regarded as a symbol of Mariah’s desirability and how she is assumed to be a product to be consumed by the men.
The nasi berlauk is also to a lesser extent seen as a symbol of a good housewife (this is as discussed by my students).
Short kebaya – a symbol of carnal temptation, a woman to be desired. SYMBOLS Confused - Cik Yam is confused when Cik Gu Nab reports how Mariah is a threat to the other women.
Shocked - When Cik Gu Nab accuses Mariah of enticing the men in the village
Nostalgic – when the Imam looks back at his past love
Sarcastic and hostile – when CIk Gu Nab reacts to Cik Yam’s comments about Mariah
Distressed – when Cik Yam is overwhelmed by distress upon hearing the Imam’s request. TONE
- TUK IMAM IS THE MINOR CHARACTER
- A PIOUS MAN
- RESPECTED BY ALL PEOPLE IN THE VILLAGE
- HUSBAND OF CIK YAM
- HEAD OF MOSQUE
- FELL IN LOVE WITH MARIAH
- HE IS A IMAM MAJOR CHARACTER
-MARIAH IS THE MAIN CHARACTER
-LIVES IN MOLO -
-BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY
-WEARS BAJU KEBAYA
-SELLS NASI BERLAUK IN MOLO
- ADMIRED BY MEN IN HER VILLAGE CHARACTERS SOCIAL AND POLITICAL SETTINGS
A religious community
- Typical Malay
- ( imam , Teachers , nasi seller )
- The characters (Kelantanese) - Kelantan is the only state which is governed by PAS apolitical party . PLACE SETTING
PATTANI , SOUTHERN THAILAND
The place where Tuk Imam studied be an Imam and his father had voiced his wish for his son to be sent to Pattaniin Southern Thailand to learn under a tutelage of a well known Sheikh. SETTING Kumalashny devi Tin Shenba Mohan Ahmad PLOT MINOR CHARACTER