Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Graffiti as Art
Transcript of Graffiti as Art
What is graffiti?
Today it is known as street art, but the
origins of ancient graffiti
date back to 30,000 BC cave paintings,
and the Greek & Roman empires.
Inscriptions and drawings were painted or scratched onto sculptures and walls.
Historically, graffiti was not illegal; much of Europe still considers it art. Most of our western civilization regards it as vandalism.
Putting a 'name tag' on public areas.
This marking of territory dates back to the 1960's & 70's in Philadelphia and New York City.
Political and Social Issues
“Can art change the world?
Maybe … we should change the question:
Can art change people's lives?”