Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Pennington Prezi
in Adulthood Breaking the Phonological Habit
of the Mother Tongue Cognitive Level Psychological Level Pennington (1998) Motor Level *Introducing and establishing new articulatory routines of movement from the L2 considering the ones existing in the L1 *Try to establish new neural pathways
*Reorganise the connections that already exist *Make the acquisition of the L2 pronunciation less threatening to the ego and identity of learners
*Modeling the phonological learning as a psychologically comfortable alternative to native language Sociocultural Level Perceptual Level *Reform the existing perceptual categories
*Expose learners to auditory features of the L2
to help them discriminate *Encourage learners to broaden their cultural and social affiliations
*Introduce learners to the culture of the L2 from a globalised perspective